The JBLM Fisher House primarily serves families of Service Members while their loved ones are in-patients at Madigan Army Medical Center. A Fisher House is a temporary residence and is not a treatment facility, rehabilitation center, hospice, or counseling center.
· Patient must be a military ID card holder; either a retired, active duty or reservist/National Guard member or family member. VA patients are also eligible.
· The patient may be receiving care at any of the medical facilities in the area.
· Must reside a minimum of 40 miles from the medical treatment facility.
· Must be receiving active treatment at Madigan Army Medical Center or surrounding treatment facilities (inpatient status). We do not provide lodging for out-patient treatment or procedures.
· Individuals with funded orders are not eligible for the Fisher House.
· WTB soldiers and their family members are not eligible to stay at the Fisher House.
· Civilian patients are not eligible to stay at the Fisher House.
ALL REFERRALS MUST BE PLACED BY A SOCIAL WORKER/CASE MANAGER OR OTHER HOSPITAL STAFF. SELF REFERRALS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.