The JBLM Fisher House primarily serves families of Service Members while their loved ones are in-patients at Madigan Army Medical Center. A Fisher House is a temporary residence and is not a treatment facility, rehabilitation center, hospice, or counseling center.
A MEMBER OF THE CARE TEAM MUST PLACE THE REFERRAL
NO SELF REFERRALS ARE PERMITTED
· Patient must be a military ID card holder; either a retired, active duty or reservist/National Guard member or family member. VA patients are also eligible.
· The patient may be receiving care at any of the medical facilities in the area.
· Must reside a minimum of 40 miles from the medical treatment facility
· Must be receiving active treatment at Madigan Army Medical Center or surrounding treatment facilities (inpatient status). We do not provide lodging for overnight stays or out-patient treatment or procedures.
· Individuals with funded orders are not eligible for the Fisher House
· WTB soldiers and their family members are not eligible to stay at the Fisher House.
· Civilian patients are not eligible to stay at the Fisher House.
In extreme cases, an exception to the distance requirement can be made by the Fisher House Manager for NICU and Palliative care cases.
HOTEL FOR HEROES – This service can only be requested for in-patient Active Duty soldier family members when there is no space available in the Fisher House. The patient/family must otherwise meet all other eligibility guidelines.
*PLACING A REFERRAL DOES NOT GUARANTEE PLACEMENT*
Please follow the link to submit a referral
Make sure that all areas of the form are filled out properly
Designate JBLM as the recipient site