The JBLM Fisher House primarily serves families of Service Members while their loved ones are in-patients at Madigan Army Medical Center. A Fisher House is a temporary residence and is not a treatment facility, rehabilitation center, hospice, or counseling center.
A MEMBER OF THE CARE TEAM MUST PLACE THE REFERRAL
NO SELF REFERRALS ARE PERMITTED
· Patient must be a military ID card holder; either a retired, active duty or reservist/National Guard member or family member. VA patients are also eligible.
· The patient may be receiving care at any of the medical facilities in the area.
· Must reside a minimum of 40 miles from the medical treatment facility
· Must be receiving active treatment at Madigan Army Medical Center or surrounding treatment facilities (inpatient status). We do not provide lodging for overnight stays or out-patient treatment or procedures.
· Individuals with funded orders are not eligible for the Fisher House
· WTB soldiers not eligible to stay at the Fisher House. *If a WTB soldier has visiting dependents under the age of 18, they are eligible to stay with a parent or guardian (excluding the WTB soldier)
· Civilian patients are not eligible to stay at the Fisher House.
Our guest rooms can only accommodate up to 4 guests. We can not process referrals with more than 4 guests.
In extreme cases, an exception to the distance requirement can be made by the Fisher House Manager for NICU and Palliative care cases.
HOTEL FOR HEROES – This service can only be requested for in-patient Active Duty soldier family members when there is no space available in the Fisher House. The patient/family must otherwise meet all other eligibility guidelines.
*PLACING A REFERRAL DOES NOT GUARANTEE PLACEMENT*
Please follow the link to submit a referral
Make sure that all areas of the form are filled out properly
Designate JBLM as the recipient site